Sunday, February 20, 2022

Most days are good days

Checked my email. Something from the wife:

I didn’t listen to this so I don’t know if you’ll like it or not

along with a link, something from "Civic Action". Something to listen to. I don't click things to listen to. Druther read at my speed, and re-read as I need, so I can think what I think instead of being bullshitted by a fast-talker with a smile to draw me in.

She still doesn't know that, the wife.

Instead of clicking the link I googled Civic Action. Google presents this clip:

We are a grassroots advocacy organization based in Seattle Washington. We will lead, catalyze, or participate in local and national civic actions that meet the ...

I get to fill in the blank myself? So I went to the homepage. They have a one-line message that keeps changing:

Let's end gun violence
Let's pass a liveable minimum wage
Let's save the planet
Let's cause some trouble
Let's make childcare universal
Let's restore overtime
Let's tax the rich
Let's cause some trouble

And below it, a one-line message that doesn't change:

A grassroots movement fighting for an economy that works for everyone, not just the rich.

Like all the rest. They all tell ya that you are on their side. But they don't tell you their plan. Just vague generalities of the polarized kind. Politics, not economics.

I scroll a bit down the screen... and here is their key line:

Become a troublemaker, donate now

Hokum and petty greed, dressed up as a friendly neighbor.

 
They want me to "join the movement". 

They want me to "donate". 

They want me to believe that we are on the same side.

I believe that if you want to fix a problem, first you have to know what the problem is. And then you have to understand what causes it. And then you can focus on that cause, think of it as the problem, and work to understand what causes it. And then you can think of that cause as the problem and work to understand what causes it.

And you just keep doing that until the cause you discover is "human nature and economic policy". By then you will know what policy must change, and how it must change. Or does that only work for me?

On a good day, I only have to satisfy myself.

No comments: